Our aim to fuse exquisite design with sustainability and technology was recognised by earning best in class at the 2016 Luxury Packaging Awards for our recyclable ‘caddy box’. Handmade in Britain using only FSC certified materials, the airtight caddy design serves well in keeping our teas in top condition whilst being completely plastic & tin free.
Sustainability is at the very forefront of our focus for 2021. We are currently in the process of reviewing everything, from our packaging elements to our sourcing processes and head office procedures. We will keep you updated as we continue to make changes towards a greener, more sustainable and Fairtrade future.
Our Quinteassential Elements
· Our tea bags are made from compostable corn-starch. Ultrasound welding is used to attach the compostable string to the bag. Whilst we’re in the middle of conducting our own testing, our tea bag manufacturer advises that you can dispose of your tea bags with your food waste.
· All of our tea boxes are recyclable, reusable and compostable. When possible, we always look to reuse packaging that we have received from our own supplier.
· Our loose-leaf bags and loose-leaf sachets are BPS free, however we are hard at work sourcing even more sustainable alternatives which we will be launching over the next few months.
· Our delivery packaging is all recyclable, reusable and compostable.
· Our bubble wrap (used sparingly) is biodegradable.
Our Quinteassential Sourcing
· We are currently in the process of reviewing our sustainability position with our recognised suppliers, as we are working towards sourcing all of our base teas from Fairtrade, organic sources over the next two years.
Our Quinteassential Head Office
· We are UK-based and pack all orders by hand
· All UK orders are sent using Royal Mail